Monday, September 5, 2011

On My Road to Recovery: Back to Teaching Music

Well, it's that time again! I'm so excited to be going back to teaching. I haven't taught in over a year so I'm "easing" back into it slowly. At one time, I was teaching 29 private 30 minute lessons, Monday thru Friday. But that was before this 'anxiety' mess! Beginning tomorrow, I will be teaching 6 private 30 minute lessons: 3 on Tuesdays and 3 on Thursdays. You wouldn't believe what an answer to prayer this is! I'm excited and nervous. The last lessons I taught, my nerves were pretty shot and anxiety issues were in full swing. But, this time, I have 10 months of recovery under my belt...and I have help. It's called "Cognitive Behavior Therapy", and if that doesn't work, it's called "Xanax". Thank the Lord for modern day miracles!
From this point on, I'll be updating this blog about once a week. That's the goal. This is now my "Recovering from Anxiety" blog. I'm not content with living with it anymore...with the Lord's help, I'm gonna kick this thing! Here's one of my favorite songs for you to enjoy! Until next time...LOVE LIFE!!

1 comment: