Friday, September 30, 2011

The Music of Life

 We haven't had a place to worship for about 2 months now.So, my husband and I are trying a new church. I'm pretty encouraged about it...the people seem really friendly. I think we could get involved and hopefully be a blessing. It's been awhile since we've been able to sing together. Also, I'm excited about playing piano in a church setting again.
I began playing piano for church around the age of 12. The regular pianist had unexpectantly passed away and thus I began playing for the congregation. No mean feat for a 12-year-old who had only been taking lessons for 2 years! I can still remember being so nervous after playing...my hands would be so cold that my mom would sit there and rub them to get them warmed up. I still get a little nervous. I think there's a bit of perfectionism in me that is horrified at the idea of a wrong note. Oh, well, I have never let a wrong note stop me from doing what I love to do...and that is play the piano.
I have loved piano ever since I can  remember. My great-grandmother played the organ. I never heard her play, but my grandmother said she was a natural---could play by ear---didn't need the music in front of her. I didn't inherit that ability but I did inherit her love of playing piano.
So, in the days, weeks and months ahead, I look forward to making new friends and sharing with them the gift and beauty of music.
I'll let ya know how it goes...Until next time, Life...Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment