Friday, September 16, 2011

"Adagio for Strings"

Well, I now have been on my new schedule for two weeks! I have been having a great time with my 6 students. They haven't been in lessons for 2 years, but it's amazing how quickly they are "gettin'-in-the-groove"!
I haven't had one panic attack (because I've been taking my medicine like a good girl). Haven't really experienced any anxiety either. Such a change from 18 months ago. And I'm so thankful...the Lord is continually helping and healing me!
So, my plans for this year of teaching is to: (1. Continue preparing well-rounded musicians (2. Ready them for a Christmas program for a local retirement home (3. Enter as many as want to into our Annual Junior Music Festival and (4. End the year with our Spring recital.
Lots of work to be done and lots of beautiful music to be learned...It's so wonderful to enrich lives with music! Until next time, please enjoy one of my all-time favorites by the very talented, 20th-century composer, Samuel Barber. If I could express in music all that I've been through these past two years, it would be with Barber's "Adagio for Strings".
Enjoy Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment