Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Rising Above It

Living with a chemical imbalance is not for the faint-of-heart.
Somedays, it can be "almost normal". By this I mean that I wake up with energy, calm nerves and ready to conquer my world! Other times, it can be the anti-thesis of normal: anxious feelings, tense, achey muscles, and zero energy. On those days, it can be a struggle to even breathe, but you know what? I survive. I go on to live another day.
I still have alot to offer my world. I'm not worthless just because my brain decided to go hay-wire that day. Tomorrow will be a better day. A day full of energy and rich life-experiences.

I choose to rise above my circumstances. My chemical imbalance is part of who I am, but it DOES NOT define me. I choose to live with courage and faith. I'm not sure what tomorrow will be like...but I will follow my dreams...because life is too wonderful not to live!

1 comment:

  1. Nobody knows better than me how you've struggled and risen above it. And you really, really amaze me and I love you all the more for it.

    Nathan

    ReplyDelete